- The new APHA — For science. For action. For health.
- "Think Global, Act Local," the theme of this year's Annual Meeting, focuses on ensuring that the nation’s vulnerable residents, families and communities don’t get left behind. Some attendees made sure to get their morning coffee fix before the meeting started.
- Roughly 13,000 public health aficionados are in Boston for the conference. The Annual Meeting app helped them navigate the world of public health on site.
- On Saturday, APHA joined developers, designers, coders, public health professionals, students and others to create apps and other innovations to support implementing the Affordable Care Act.
- The Opening Session brought more than just a new image — it featured great discussion from APHA Executive Director Georges Benjamin, APHA President Adewale Troutman, Roe v. Wade attorney Sarah Weddington, Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and epidemiologist Michael Marmot.
- The Opening Session made way for the opening of the Public Health Expo, where public health pros got to view more than 700 booths of information, state-of-the-art products and services.
- What's in store tomorrow?
Only the best new public health science in the world.