- — UCL Press (@UCLpress)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:00:46
- — Emerald Publishing (@EmeraldGlobal)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:05:02Back at #redux18 again today? Come and join Emerald's Simon Bell, Head of Author Engagement, as he discusses publishers engagement with author and researcher communities - 12:30pm commissioning panel!
- — Alastair Horne (@pressfuturist)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:06:34All set for day two of #redux18. We’ll be starting with a session on Libraries, led by David Prosser of RLUK, with Rozz Evans of Library Services, UCL, and Michael Zeoli of Gobi Library Solutions.
- — Paula Clarke Bain (@PC_Bain)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:07:18Catching up on #redux18 academic publishing conference tweets. (Thanks @UCLpress @pressfuturist et al.) I love indexing university press books. Much easier to index a book that was copy-edited well. Enjoy Day 2 and follow along. https://twitter.com/pressfuturist/status/963443221501304838 …
- — Alastair Horne (@pressfuturist)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:08:55
- — Alastair Horne (@pressfuturist)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:11:47Evans recommends the @AcBookFuture reports, downloadable here: https://academicbookfuture.org/end-of-project-reports-2/ … #redux18
- — Ronald Snijder (@ronaldsnijder)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:12:56Evans: both libraries and publishers differ widely #redux18 [so... communication is crucial to tackle misunderstandings?]
- — Alastair Horne (@pressfuturist)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:13:08Evans: A collection strategy has to satisfy an enormous range of stakeholders, from the provost down to the newest undergraduate. #redux18
- — Alastair Horne (@pressfuturist)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:14:58Evans: libraries share common challenges: space, money, increasing student numbers and diversity, teaching versus research needs, user expectations, hidden collections; the cost, availability, demand for and sustainability of resources. #redux18
- — Chris Banks (@ChrisBanks)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:15:07Evans notes the national challenges of space for research collections but still sees a rigorous approach to stock management as necessary #redux18
- — Alastair Horne (@pressfuturist)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:16:10Evans: after one audit, the libraries discovered they owned 336 copies of one particular title (in various editions). #redux18
- — Margo Bargheer (@margoline)Wed, Feb 14 2018 09:16:43#Redux18 Rozz Evans UCL on acquistion & collection strategies of libraries. Important exchange as librarians & publishers always benefit from understanding each other. Ongoing challenge for RL of space f.e. can be met together with smart publisher‘s offers line patron-driven POD.
#Redux18 Day 2
Live tweeting from the University Press Redux Conference 2018 Day 2 courtesy of Alistair Horne and other delegates.