Fidel Castro dies
- Despite some achievements in social policy, the Cuban ruler's forty nine year reign was characterised by a ruthless suppression of freedom of expression.
Trudeau Visits Liberia, Madagascar for la Francophonie
- Human rights featured in discussions
Dakota Access Pipeline Protest
- Protest continues, Amnesty draws attention to Human Rights concerns
- Supreme Court to hear case this week with potential for far-reaching implications. Amnesty International has supported the Clyde River Inuit community's case.
Canada's Peacekeeping Commitment
- Toronto Star examines possibility that Canadian peacekeeping operation could encounter conflict with child soldiers in potential Mali deployment. Amnesty shines a light on the problem.