- Our February #RheumChat was co-hosted by the Arthritis Foundation. Leading the fight for the arthritis community, the Arthritis Foundation helps conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science, and community connections. Their current initiative, Prescription for Access, brings together patients, providers, and other decision makers to have open dialogue about the issues of accessing treatments that people with arthritis need and create change in the realm of care.
- The topic of the chat was "Arthritis 101."
- Q1: How were you first diagnosed with arthritis or a rheumatic disease?
- — Arthritis Foundation (@ArthritisFdn)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:14:34
- — Jennifer Wohlenberg (@jengapuzzle)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:13:50A1 I was "lucky" that my antibodies found before I had symptoms. I had false + syphilis test when I was pregnant. Led to ANA test #rheumchat
- — AmerCollRheumatology (@ACRheum)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:08:41
- — Kayla Amodeo,PhD (@KaylaAmodeoAF)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:12:22
- — CreakyJoints.org (@CreakyJoints)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:08:33A1: One of our past bloggers wrote about the nine year journey to being diagnosed: https://creakyjoints.org/living-with-arthritis/undiagnosed-ra-living-with-random-agony-for-no-discernible-reason/ … #RheumChat
- — Christina Downey, MD (@cdowneymd)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:12:54A1. Most of my pts have ben seen by an emergency room doctor and/or a primary care doc before seeing me. Dx takes several visits. #RheumChat
- — Laura Keivel (@LauraKeivelAF)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:11:10
- Q2: What are some of your unanswered questions about arthritis and rheumatic disease?
- — Arthritis Foundation (@ArthritisFdn)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:18:36A2: We hear a mounting concern from our community about the ability to access affordable medications in a timely manner. #RheumChat
- — BeingCharis (@BeingCharisBlog)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:20:11A2: How exactly #ankylosingspondylitis caused? What's the exact disease prevalence? Where is the cure? #rheumchat https://twitter.com/ACRSimpleTasks/status/832291666719567872 …
- — Jocelyn S. Givens (@jocmock)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:26:20.@BeingCharisBlog there's some info on the @ACRheum website that addresses possible causes: http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Spondyloarthritis … #rheumchat
- — Laura Keivel (@LauraKeivelAF)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:14:54
- — Arthritis Foundation (@ArthritisFdn)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:20:18
- — Laura Keivel (@LauraKeivelAF)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:17:03A2 I also hear worries about the financial impact of the disease, worry about jobs, supporting family, long term care, etc. #rheumchat
- — David OReilly (@Rheuma_suffolk)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:19:49
- — Christina Downey, MD (@cdowneymd)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:21:13A2. It's important to keep your rheumatologist up to date on your personal goals/concerns so he/she can tailor treatment to you. #RheumChat
- — CreakyJoints.org (@CreakyJoints)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:20:17.@jocmock Becoming empowered is key. Many of our advocates helped shape our RA patient guide: https://creakyjoints.org/education/rheumatoid-arthritis-patient-guidelines/ … #RheumChat
- — OA Action Alliance (@oaactionallianc)Thu, Feb 16 2017 18:20:51A2: Best treatments for osteoarthritis, other rheum dis? Behavior interventions- exercise, weight mgmt, education–among the best #rheumchat
February #RheumChat: Arthritis 101
Join us on Twitter every third Thursday of the month at 1pm ET as we discuss issues and topics that impact individuals with rheumatic diseases.
byACR Simple Tasks139 Views