- Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, issued this brief statement on his son's birth: "We could not be happier."
- Clarence House tweeted the birth announcement and details at around 3:35 p.m. EDT.
- Statement from the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall
Prince of Wales says the evening of June 22, 2013:
“Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild. It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy.
Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone’s life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future."
- Reaction from world leaders, dignitaries, and politicians
- Some social media reaction from around the world