How do artists ask clearly for what they need? What can artists offer to a space? Following exciting conversations on institutions and resources, we invite artists to reflect on their role in building and supporting the homes we collectively dream of.
- — 651 ARTS (@651ARTS)Wed, Jan 11 2017 17:34:41This season's chats r inspired by our #BKArtHome think-tank investigating how we collectively cultivate home 4 BK artists of African descent
- — 651 ARTS (@651ARTS)Wed, Jan 11 2017 17:35:24
Q1. First we want to know who's chatting with us. Share ur name, location & the artistic and/or creative medium you thrive in.
- — A Nia Austin-Edwards (@KwanzaaKid)Wed, Jan 11 2017 17:53:38HAPPENING NOW - Interesting conversation about the work of art & artists on #BKArtHome. https://twitter.com/UniversesNYC/status/819239921302970368 …
Q2. What is the role of the artist? Is it simply to create or are there other skills and responsibilities?
- — UNIVERSES Theater Co (@UniversesNYC)Wed, Jan 11 2017 17:49:52
- — UNIVERSES Theater Co (@UniversesNYC)Wed, Jan 11 2017 17:52:21
#BKArtHome Conversations: The Role of the Artist
This season, as we reflect with young artists on Home in the Time of Brooklyn, we’re inviting our online audience to join the conversation. We’re investigating creative practice, defining home, and reflecting on Brooklyn’s past, present, and future. Grab your lunch and follow along on #BKArtHome.
by651 ARTS12 Views