- To honor our 2014-15 think-tank, Love in the Time of Brooklyn, 651 ARTS chats about how we love. How do we love in Brooklyn? How do we love when we feel like we’re lacking? How do we love with accountability? We had a great time spreadin' a lil’ love. After all, it is the Brooklyn way.
- — 651 ARTS (@651ARTS)Wed, Feb 08 2017 16:30:08
- — 651 ARTS (@651ARTS)Wed, Feb 08 2017 17:16:26
- — 651 ARTS (@651ARTS)Wed, Feb 08 2017 17:33:31This season's chats r inspired by our #BKArtHome think-tank investigating how we collectively cultivate home 4 BK artists of African descent
- — 651 ARTS (@651ARTS)Wed, Feb 08 2017 17:34:24
Q1. First we want to know who's chatting with us. Share your name, location & the artistic and/or creative medium you love.
- — Dr Herukhuti (@DrHerukhuti)Wed, Feb 08 2017 17:56:09
- — 651 ARTS (@651ARTS)Wed, Feb 08 2017 17:57:38Thanks so much for chiming in on the train ride! And safe travels 🚅 #BKArtHome #LoveinBK https://twitter.com/DrHerukhuti/status/829388361089609728 …
Q2. How do YOU love? (we know - it's a big question - be honest, be poetic, be blunt, be you)
- — Dr Herukhuti (@DrHerukhuti)Wed, Feb 08 2017 17:59:51.@651ARTS #BKArtHome #LoveinBK Depends upon the circumstances: where, when, with whom, & for what purpose. Read http://sacredsexualities.org/2017/01/26/love-in-the-time-of-suppression/ …
- — Tim Veit Jones (@ProJones22)Wed, Feb 08 2017 18:04:15
- — Tim Veit Jones (@ProJones22)Wed, Feb 08 2017 18:06:12
Q3. For locals - How do we continue to love in Brooklyn?
Other folk how do u love when the world around you is steadily and rapidly shifting?
- — A Nia Austin-Edwards (@KwanzaaKid)Wed, Feb 08 2017 18:02:26My #LoveinBK is extra local. As someone who works from home, my block is my sanctuary + my neighbors are super sweet & funny. #BKArtHome https://twitter.com/651ARTS/status/829388800614887424 …
- — Dr Herukhuti (@DrHerukhuti)Wed, Feb 08 2017 18:05:28.@651ARTS My new play, My Brother's a Keeper, is set in BK. Loves on BK. Plan 2 mount it in BK. http://howlround.com/my-brother-s-a-keeper-storytelling-with-funk-aesthetics … #BKArtHome #LoveinBK
Q4. How do we love when we feel like we’re lacking, when we feel empty?
#BKArtHome Conversations: Bringin’ It Back To Love
This season, as we reflect with young artists on Home in the Time of Brooklyn, we’re inviting our online audience to join the conversation. We’re investigating creative practice, defining home, and reflecting on Brooklyn’s past, present, and future. Grab your lunch and follow along on #BKArtHome.
by651 ARTS9 Views