- — Shelley Mitzelfelt (@smitzelfelt)Mon, Apr 10 2017 19:46:28A1: I find many out of the box ideas on Pinterest. It is a fabulous source for quick ideas on just about any topic. #2ndaryELA
- — Alice Froemling (@AFroemling)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:07:18A1: Not as many formal speeches as I used to; more focus on discussions as per CCSS skills. But Ss benefit from public speaking #2ndaryela
- — Jennifer Scotchmer (@MsScotchmer)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:07:46A1: we have group, partner, class discussions, some formal presentations. Tomorrow we are trying Philosophical Chairs. #2ndaryela
- — Emily Lytle (@lytleemilyy)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:08:35#2ndaryELA A1:Small group discussions are an incredible way to spark student conversation! Especially leading into big classroom discussion!
- — Jennifer Wolfe (@mamawolfeto2)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:08:40A1 How do they not? Middle school is all about dialogue, collaboration, both formal and informal. Screencastify is a new fun tool #2ndaryela
- — Brynn Allison (@literarymaven)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:08:51A1 cont As part of the ceremony of 12 from the Giver, each student gives a speech annoucing another student's assignment job #2ndaryELA
- — Teachbetweenthelines (@Teach__Lines)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:09:00A1: I love Socratic Seminars! Literature Circles are another great way to get students discussing a text in a smaller setting. #2ndaryELA
- — Jennifer Scotchmer (@MsScotchmer)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:09:26
- — Alice Froemling (@AFroemling)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:10:14A1 Today we had small group "airplane" talks: taxiing for Level 1 ?s, flying stage = deepest discussion, landing = recap #2ndaryela
- — Alice Froemling (@AFroemling)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:12:36A2: Checking off LTs broken down from our big skills. Ss also reflect on how they performed on the LTs immediately after #2ndaryela
- — Kristy (@2peasandadog)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:16:00A3: Sometimes I use popsicle sticks with names on them to encourage talking. I also give them a heads up that I will call on them #2ndaryELA
- — Alice Froemling (@AFroemling)Wed, Apr 12 2017 00:16:10A3: Lots of little risk-free practice--no grade attached. And building a comfortable, relaxed environment. #2ndaryela
Teaching Speaking and Listening Skills
Ideas for teachers by teachers.