Janette Williams, veteran Pasadena Star-News journalist, dies
Janette Williams, esteemed writer and news editor, died at 68. Over the last 22 years, Williams made an impact in the lives and hearts of people in the San Gabriel Valley through her work at the Pasadena Star-News. Friends, colleagues and community members shared their loss on social media.
- Staff at the Pasadena Star-News and Los Angeles Newspaper Group found out about Williams' death on Monday.
- Libby Rainey, a summer intern who met Williams a only few months ago, bawled when she found out. Rainey filled the void left in newsroom with some sunflowers.
- Reporter Sarah Favot baked some cookies.
- Yet friends and colleagues in the newsroom weren't all in tears. After all, Williams usually generated smiles and laughter. So some shared funny memories of Williams.
- Williams has written hundreds of articles during her tenure at the Pasadena Star-News. This was her last story.
- Reporter Lauren Gold picked out some articles Williams was especially proud of.
- And the community shared thoughts of their beloved friend and colleague.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!