West Virginians react, officers shot in Clay County.
A firefight broke out just after 8 p.m. on Tuesday when West Virginia State Police tried to stop a vehicle along W.Va. 36 near Wallback, Clay Co. West Virginians took to social media to express their concern for law enforcement and follow the story as it developed.
- Exact details about the shooting, including the shooter's name and the condition of victims, are still developing. Ashley Craig, the Daily Mail's crime reporter, is on the scene tonight.
- Click below for the latest information.
- But even as details of the shooting were unclear, tweets and Facebook posts about the shootings poured out of central and southern West Virginia. Here are a select few:
- My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the 3 officers that were shot tonight! Yeah people might not like to be pulled over, but they do make the roads safer for us! I know a police officer and he's great at his job and does what he has to, to make the area safe! People these days are just so strung out on anything and everything to even think about the consequences of their actions...and they don't realize that the people they injure and or kill, have families and lives of their own!
- Some Facebook users changed their profile photos to the West Virginia State Police crest.
- Thoughts and prayers for everyone involved in the tragic shooting in Clay County. Please pray for these men and women who put their lives on the line to become officers that serve and protect our cities, counties and state and for some of us, the buildings in which we work. The crime rate has gotten so much worse and so much more severe which means these officers are in continual need of prayers of protection like never before.
- Many also posted this graphic.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.