Shots fired in Sherwood Forest
Monday morning, police received reports of shots fired inside a home in Sherwood Forest along Corridor G.
- UPDATE (11:57 a.m.) The standoff is now over, according to officials.
- You can read the tweets below to see the story unfold.
- A woman called 911 from the address, saying her husband was hallucinating and "blowing off shots in the house." The man apparently believed there were people in his home with guns.
- — KCC EmerManagement (@KCCDHSEM)Mon, Aug 12 2013 06:57:14Shots reported at 105 Cornwall Lane in Sherwood Forest off Corridor G. Residents told to stay in their homes #FB
- — Bob Aaron (@BobAaronWCHS)Mon, Aug 12 2013 06:59:02Man inside house fired shots. People on Cornwall Lane stay inside. Roadblock on US 119 blocking entrance to Sherwood Forest. #Eyewitness WV
- — Alanna Autler (@AutlerWOWK)Mon, Aug 12 2013 06:57:11CPD blocking traffic at Sherwood exit off 119. Officers say man in home on Cornwall Ln firing gun. No injuries at this time.
- — Cathleen Moxley (@WSAZCathleen)Mon, Aug 12 2013 06:52:40Police just came off hill with a woman who appeared extremely emotional. She had a lot of police protection. #WSAZbreakingnews
- UPDATE (10:34 p.m.) Metro 911 dispatchers say the Cornwall St. shooting is not a hostage situation. The suspect's wife left the house before police arrived. The suspect is the only one in the house.
- UPDATE (10:33 a.m.): Metro 911 dispatchers said there's no indication shots are being fired at police. The man apparently was firing before police arrived, and it's unclear if they are directed at police.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.