Tips for small businesses from the Xero community
On the Xero Roadshow around the US during October & November 2013 we're meeting lots of accountants and bookkeepers so we thought we'd ask their advice and get their best tip for small business owners. Sharing the best and noteworthy here! #xerorotips
- Our last stop on the Roadshow, Honolulu and we got this thought-provoking tip from Shannon Mackey of Aloha Accounting Solutions "Do you let your neighbor's friend teach you how to do surgery ... let an accountant teach you how to do accounting!" #xerotips
- Congrats to Jon Kuwahara, CPA - winner of our #xerotips draw in Laguna Beach - his tip for small business owners:
"Don't do it alone! Create a 'Board of Advisors'. Aside from the obvious (accountant/lawyer) seek out other successful business people that can mentor you. Not only can you get good advice but you get access to their networks."
- From LA, congrats to Karen van Hoepen of Pillai Consulting for her tip for small business owners: "Be open to change, embrace new technology, learn as much as you can and apply it to your business." #xerotips
- Our tip from Sacramento: "Stay on top of your accounting so that you are better able to create the future rather than scorekeep the past that tells you nothing that you already didn't know." Thanks to Syd Highley from Daily Balance #xerotips
- San Diego winning tip: Annie Hogan of Bandemer Accountancy with this great tip: "I always tell small business - treat your employees as a (valuable) asset, not as a (replaceable) expense. If you do, you will get way more work and co-operation. Good employees attract more good employees, and contribute to a more synergistic workplace." #xerotips
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.