App.net is now (crowd)funded. First thing first, change that name!
It looks like I'm not the only one to think that the name app.net (@AppDotNet) is terrible. Read on...
- Kellan (ETSY CTO) is one of the backers. He also backed Diaspora which was another project to create a different social network but unfortunately it didn't go anywhere. He has a very good point though:
- Celebrities (Stephen Fry, Michael Arrington, ...) are also part of the movement
- This morning, they finally reached the $500k mark. Congrats!
- Now the first thing they should do is change their name. Honestly, App.net is a terrible name and it looks like I'm not the only one who thinks so:
- The following people have a very good point: you can't use app.net as a verb:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.