- Mitt Romney picked Rep. Paul Ryan as his running mate. The selection could spark enthusiasm for the Republican ticket among conservatives.
- The number of tweets on the VP choice spiked on Twitter. By 9:29 a.m. ET, as Romney introduced Ryan in front of a crowd at the USS Wisconsin, the number of tweets about the congressman had reached 3,749 per minute, according to Twitter.
- Our story on the announcement:
Here are some of Ryan's tweets on the big issues
- — Paul Ryan (@RepPaulRyan)Thu, Oct 13 2011 10:13:04I explain in this video how raising taxes hurts job creation. It’s no wonder businesses aren’t hiring. Take a look: http://ow.ly/6Wu0B
- Healthcare/SCOTUS ruling:
- — Paul Ryan (@RepPaulRyan)Sun, Jul 01 2012 09:11:25I’m very disappointed, but we are not deterred. We think we can still repeal this law if we win this election. http://abcn.ws/LJkuHs s
- President Barack Obama:
- — Paul Ryan (@RepPaulRyan)Thu, Mar 01 2012 07:30:33
- Stop Online Privacy Act:
- — Paul Ryan (@RepPaulRyan)Wed, Jan 18 2012 10:59:52
Reactions to Ryan as VP pick
- — Marco Rubio (@marcorubio)Sat, Aug 11 2012 04:18:51
- — Reince Priebus (@Reince)Sat, Aug 11 2012 05:26:12
- — Rick Perry (@GovernorPerry)Sat, Aug 11 2012 06:09:33Paul Ryan, conservative budget hawk..excellent choice who will underscore MR commitment to downsize Washington and restore job creation.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.