Teddy Wins! Twitter Goes Crazy
After more than 500 races – and losses - Teddy Roosevelt, the nation’s 26th president who also happens to be the hapless footracer at Washington, D.C.’s Nationals Park, finally won his first sprint. Twitter erupted.
- — Nationals on MASN (@masnNationals)Wed, Oct 03 2012 11:34:15In case you missed it, here's the video of Teddy winning his first Geico Presidents Race (1-525 overall): http://masn.me/37h4
Teddy’s troubles were the subject of a page one story in The Wall Street Journal last week.
- — Gerald F Seib (@GeraldFSeib)Wed, Oct 03 2012 11:28:25
- Teddy himself took to Twitter.
- — Teddy Roosevelt (@Teddy26Nats)Wed, Oct 03 2012 11:12:11I'm just getting warmed up! Time to get ready for the postseason! You ain't seen nothing yet! The Rough Rider has arrived!
- Politicians like John McCain and Chuck Schumer tweeted about the win.
- — Chuck Schumer (@ChuckSchumer)Wed, Oct 03 2012 12:11:42this marks Teddy’s first victory since defeating fellow NYer Judge Alton Parker in a landslide 108 yrs ago #TeddyIn12
- Both individual fans and large organizations alike congratulated Teddy.
- — Under Armour (@UnderArmour)Wed, Oct 03 2012 11:15:04
- — Jessica Stocks (@JessStocks)Wed, Oct 03 2012 11:54:34
- — Lindsay Czarniak (@lindsayczarniak)Wed, Oct 03 2012 11:46:30My day was just made. Teddy Roosevelt - the mascot - wins Presidents race. For underdogs everywhere:... http://fb.me/WmV0iadV V
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.