- Breakfast tacos are a staple of Tex Mex. Several readers tweeted you can't leave Austin without trying them at Juan in a Million.
- — Zachary Silverman (@ZMSATX)Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:42:54
- There are dozens of taco options in Austin. But many readers said Torchy's topped their lists.
- — TheHarrison (@ainbizcasual)Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:44:34
- A bit of a Twitter fight erupted over the best tacos in Austin. We attempted to mediate.
- — Jamie Newman (@jamienoobs)Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:52:51
- — marc menchaca (@marcmenchaca)Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:00:51
- — Wall Street Journal (@WSJ)Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:09:01
- There was also some disagreement on which BBQ was the best in the area. One of the most frequently mentioned spots was The Salt Lick, which is just outside of Austin.
- Other readers recommended Franklin and Lamberts for the best BBQ in Austin.
- This year, an "honorary Texan" who compiled a list of the best BBQ places in Austin said she swears by la Barbecue.
- — Jess BurgerMary (@burgermary)Fri, Feb 28 2014 17:37:19
- In terms of bars, several readers mentioned Peché, a popular absinthe bar.
- — Karen Morgan (@blackbirdbakes)Wed, Feb 27 2013 16:13:22
- These recommended bars are also in South Austin, not far from SXSW venues.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 8 already did!
- Susan DiazCool I guess!! @freeeduaid2013-03-05T05:13:58.937Z