Readers Respond: Preventing Future Mass Shootings
- — Gregory Sabin (@GregSabin)Mon, Dec 17 2012 08:02:40@WSJ Require additional prepurchase training for all guns, and special licenses for assault rifles. Put a plainclothes cop in every school.
- — Arash Shirazi (@arashshirazi)Mon, Dec 17 2012 07:47:36@WSJ Designate shotguns & rifles as "restricted" firearms that require a reference letter from local police, marital partner, and friend.
- — Austin Hermann (@austoughn)Mon, Dec 17 2012 07:53:36@WSJ arm the schools. create a system to qualify teachers and principals to conceal and carry. armed deterrent works, prohibition does not
- — Michael Lawrence (@MLRJtweets)Mon, Dec 17 2012 08:10:23
- — Matthew J. Grace (@MattJGrace)Mon, Dec 17 2012 07:29:46@WSJ More people and teachers with conceal carry permits would potentially deter and give citizens ability to stop shooters early.
- — CustomEmbroider&Gift (@custom_gift)Mon, Dec 17 2012 08:37:21@WSJ electronic doors and safety glass windows in each class to protect teachers and children, not only from shooting but ANY violence etc
- — Auntie Dote (@AuntieDote)Mon, Dec 17 2012 07:44:28@WSJ Tone down coverage of shooters, amp up coverage of victims - promote readers' ready identification with victims, not shooters.
- — Steven Miller (@space_cowboy34)Mon, Dec 17 2012 09:15:51@WSJ make sure the media focuses on the victims and not the shooter. Don't release any info on shooter, no pictures, nothing!
- — Jane Tanfei (@JaneTanfei)Mon, Dec 17 2012 07:30:34@WSJ - By actually taking care of people who are mentally ill, regardless of their financial or insured status. This is nothing new.
- — Rena Xu (@xrayunicorn)Mon, Dec 17 2012 08:15:59@WSJ Address stigma associated w/ mental illness. Provide social support and solutions for the mentally ill. Jails, regrets: not solutions.
- — Abby Harris (@Alberlynne)Mon, Dec 17 2012 07:36:59@WSJ we need to help families dealing w/ mental illness feel less isolated and more comfortable sharing what is going on with their children
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.