Readers React to Obama's Stance on Same-Sex Marriage
In an interview with ABC News, President Barack Obama said he supports same-sex marriage - a stance that may have heavy political implications in November's presidential election. We asked readers for their thoughts on the president's view. Here's some of that reaction:
- Many WSJ readers immediately showed their support for the president:
- Others were critical and questioned the president's motives:
- When Mr. Obama ran for president in 2008, he was personally opposed to gay marriage. But in 2010, he said his views were “evolving.” Several readers jumped on that:
- These folks were just glad he made a decision:
- But will it hurt or help the president get re-elected in November? One reader's response:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.