- Freelance tech journalist Quinn Norton was among the first to express her grief publicly.
- Tim Berners-Lee, known as the inventor of the World Wide Web, posted a tribute that got more than 1,100 retweets.
- Tim O'Reilly, another online pioneer, mourned a young man he had known and admired for 12 years.
- This Public Resource website dedicated to Swartz quickly spread on Twitter and Reddit.
- Soon after Swartz's death, this thread went up on Reddit. Commenters shared details about his life and posted their own eulogies.
- Cory Doctorow, a BoingBoing blogger, wrote a post detailing his thoughts about how he wished his friend had sought help. "Whatever problems Aaron was facing, killing himself didn't solve them. Whatever problems Aaron was facing, they will go unsolved forever," he wrote.
- Others who admired Swartz also took to Twitter to express their shock and grief.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 3 already did!