Olympic Updates Lead to Unfollows
Many Twitter users are crying foul as news organizations and reporters tweet results from the Olympic Games far ahead of NBC tape-delayed broadcasts.
- — Haleigh Castino (@Haleigh_Castino)Sat, Jul 28 2012 12:41:26
- — Dani Michelle (@Danimichellesc)Sat, Jul 28 2012 15:43:36dammit twitter!!! i was trying to avoid olympic spoilers and i just saw one for match i was really excited ab watching live.
- — Casey Acevedo (@caseyannwmu)Mon, Jul 30 2012 06:39:41
- — Derek Marley Hay (@derekmarleyhay)Sun, Jul 29 2012 04:45:31My self imposed social media blackout during the day for the duration of the #Olympics is more difficult than I thought it would be.
One Twitter user successfully used TweetDeck to filter out tweets with the words “Olympic,” “Olympics,” and “London2012” from his feed.
- — Ryan Sullivan (@rs_sully)Mon, Jul 30 2012 08:43:09Tweetdeck is saving me from Olympic spoilers. I'm able to keep my Twitter addiction w/o learning who wins every single event tonight. Win.
- Like any other news organization, the Journal felt some of the backlash.
Here's our full story:
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.