Nissan Motor Co. is considering reviving its iconic Datsun brand. We asked readers to share their favorite Datsun memories with us. Share more on Twitter, using the tag #WSJ, on Facebook, at facebook.com/wsj, or in the comments section of this post.
- Several readers shared their memories of learning how to drive at the wheel of a Datsun.
- The Dastsun evoked memories of road trips, car pools and other family memories.
- The word "Datsun" took several readers back to their high school and college days.
- My favorite Datsun memory was my sister and I driving the Datsun station wagon to high school. Before parking, we would get all our stuff ready, open the doors, turn it off and run as far away as possible before it backfired and everyone i...n the parking lot turned to see who was driving the crappiest car in the school. Sometimes we'd forget to be surprised by the loud BANG though. I also remember keeping a case of oil in the back at all times.
- In college in the early 1980s, I bought a small, beat-up but hearty Datsun utility-type truck, a simple affair. Nothing could destroy it ~ I could whip around in heavy Austin traffic, run errands at my various part-time jobs flawlessly and carry unreasonably heavy loads with ease (24-7), and it NEVER broke down. I eventually sold it to the groundskeeper of a local historic house and park and he also tried to run it into the ground (smiles). This is all to say, that little Datsun pick-up is a legend in my mind today!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.