#WTSLondon #PruWorldTri - Day 1
The 2013 PruHealth World Triathlon Grand Final London officially kicked off on Wednesday, with the official launch of the venue, the 2013 Aquathlon worlds and the opening ceremony. Here are the highlights from an action-packed Day 1.
- Triathlon started to take over the iconic Trafalgar Square on Wednesday night, with thousands of triathletes from around the world braving the rain for the official opening, including Parade of Nations.
- The race action kicked off with the 2013 Aquathlon World Championships. The short and sharp 1km swim and 5km run saw a host of new World Championships crowned, with Great Britain topping the medal tally with 33.
- Catch-up on all the aquathlon action here.
- Earlier in the day, one of Britain's leading ladies helped to officially open the venue. On behalf of PruHealth, title sponsor of the event, Jess Ennis-Hill revealed a whopping four metre high and eight metre wide floating swimmer, positioned on the triathlon swim course in the middle of Hyde Park’s Serpentine.Ennis-Hill said: “This is one of the first major Olympic legacy events happening post London 2012, so I’m delighted to support the PruHealth World Triathlon Grand Final. It is fantastic to be here to reveal the giant sculpture in the Serpentine today - it will form a real focus for the event at the weekend and make everyone aware that we are again hosting a great international sporting event in the Capital.
- To keep up to date with everything happening in London, make sure you tune into our Twitter accounts @worldtriathlon and @triathlonlive, our Facebook page facebook.com/worldtriathlon, our Instagram @worldtriathlon, or our YouTube channel below. During all races except the elite, triathlon.org will be hosting live coverage, with results, audio commentary and a finish line cam. The elite races will be broadcast live on the subscription channel triathlon.org/tv.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.