@badbanana vs. @Bill__Murray
Popular Twitter humorist Tim Siedell has tweeted a call to arms for people to try to "crush" the fake Bill Murray twitter account that steals tweets from other users.
- — Tim Siedell (@badbanana)Sat, Jun 16 2012 13:20:30I haven't said anything about the fake @Bill__Murray because I thought people would catch on. 157K followers later, apparently not.
- — Tim Siedell (@badbanana)Sat, Jun 16 2012 13:23:27Mostly, it bugs me that the fake @Bill__Murray has so many more followers than most of the people he's stealing from. That's not right.
- — Tim Siedell (@badbanana)Sat, Jun 16 2012 13:24:20I'm a big fan of original content on Twitter, and I want original thinkers to continue to create and reap the rewards. So here's my idea.
- — Tim Siedell (@badbanana)Sat, Jun 16 2012 13:25:17Use your original ideas and unique talents to call out the fake @Bill__Murray to your followers. Let's crush him/her with creativity.
- — Tim Siedell (@badbanana)Sat, Jun 16 2012 13:26:13A song? A video? A cartoon? Then send me a link to your tweet. I'll retweet/showcase some of the best ideas. Maybe you'll go viral.
- Some other prominent humorous Twitter users have supported his call:
- — James Urbaniak (@JamesUrbaniak)Sat, Jun 16 2012 14:07:11
- — Guy Endore-Kaiser (@GuyEndoreKaiser)Fri, Jun 15 2012 19:43:38The Chinese are beating us because 153,972 Americans think that the real Bill Murray is asking them for titty pics over at @Bill__Murray.
- However, the kinds of people that do think it's the real Bill Murray might be tough to reach:
- — Rivanee Pillay (@rivaneepillay)Sat, Jun 16 2012 13:30:24@badbanana Ery1 knows funny twitt-accounts probably google/steal jokes, but if it makes u laugh SO.WHAT. Not like ure paying for it.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.