LIVE BLOG: President Obama Visits Albany
President Barack Obama is making his third visit to the Capital Region. We'll follow every move of his trip here on this page. Refresh to see the latest updates.
- 2:38 One last look at Air Force One.We'll have a complete wrap-up of all of the day's events beginning tonight on NewsChannel 13 Live at 5:00 and of course right here on WNYT.com.
- 2:22 There was still a crowd at the airports observation deck to watch Air Force One take off.
- 2:18 Air Force One is now taking off at Albany International Airport.
- 2:14 Still a crowd in the rain to watch President Obama depart.
- 2:10 Air Force One should be taking off soon. White House staff and members of the press corps are boarding now.
- 2:08 President Obama is back on Air Force One, waiting to depart Albany for his return flight to Washington, D.C.
- 2:07 Rep. Chris Gibson comments on President Obama's "Congressional To Do List"...
- 2:06 The presidential visit is causing traffic tie-ups in the area.
- 2:00 The president is en route back to Albany International Airport and Air Force One.
- 1:54 Here's a look at President Obama shaking hands in the room after concluding his speech. He left the room a short time later.
- 1:45 "That's what you're doing in Albany," President Obama said before wrapping up his speech. "You're investing in your future. You're not moving backwards, you're going forwards."After concluding his speech, "Stars and Stripes Forever" began playing and the president started shaking hands with people in the crowd.
- 1:42 The president pointed to IBM and GlobalFoundries as businesses building in the area."I want to see what's happening in Albany happen all around the country," President Obama said.
- 1:36 You can read the president's "Congressional To Do List" on whitehouse.gov. In includes:Reward American jobs, not outsourcingRefinancing for reasonable homeownersTax credits for small business jobsClean energy manufacturingVeterans job corps
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.