#WHChat: #DontDoubleMyRate with Mark Zuckerman
Today, President Obama spoke about the need for Congress to take action to prevent student loan interest rates from doubling on July 1st. Following the President's remarks, Mark Zuckerman, Deputy Director of the Domestic Policy Council, answered questions about college affordability on Twitter.
- — The White House (@whitehouse)Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:04:53
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:41:32Obama: "If Congress fails to act, more than 7M students will suddenly be hit with the equivalent of a $1,000 tax hike" #DontDoubleMyRate
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:12:10
- — Thomas Bledsoe (@ThomasBledsoe)Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:36:27#whchat whatever happened to the talk about lowering the cost of college? My Alma Mater just approved a 7% increase in tuition
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:41:28
- — QDColeman (@QDColeman)Thu, Jun 21 2012 08:52:49#WHChat If Congress fails to act are there other alternatives (loan consolidation/contacting our Congress Rep)? What can we do to help?
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:05:21
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!