WH Office Hours: The Violence Against Women Act
During a live Q&A on Twitter, Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor, and Lynn Rosenthal, White House Advisor on Violence Against Women, answered your questions about the Violence Against Women Act of 2013, signed into law by President Obama this week: http://wh.gov/GzNi
- — The White House (@whitehouse)Thu, Mar 07 2013 20:35:06
- — Lisa L. Flowers (@LisaLFlowers)Fri, Mar 08 2013 12:47:27
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Fri, Mar 08 2013 12:56:06.@LisaLFlowers Prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation & gender identity. Encourages states to create programs for LGBT victims
- — JWI (@JewishWomenIntl)Fri, Mar 08 2013 12:40:05
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Fri, Mar 08 2013 12:57:52.@JewishWomenIntl Thanks for all you did. Keep up the support at the local level for shelters, hotlines & outreach centers. Raise awareness.
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Fri, Mar 08 2013 13:00:03.@DCVLP Reauth every 5 years provides opportunity to strengthen law. Expired programs at risk of losing funding, cant let this happen again.
- — AAUW Public Policy (@AAUWPolicy)Fri, Mar 08 2013 12:51:09
- — White House Live (@WHLive)Fri, Mar 08 2013 13:02:01.@AAUWPolicy Great job! Work with campus groups to ensure Univ are aware of new requirements for policies, education & support for victims.
- — Valerie Jarrett (@vj44)Fri, Mar 08 2013 13:09:23
- — Valerie Jarrett (@vj44)Fri, Mar 08 2013 13:10:26
- — Tracy Thomas (@teabug1)Fri, Mar 08 2013 12:43:46#WHchat when a female has no family or imediate friend to go to and the shelters are full or not for one with anxiety- what to do?
- — Valerie Jarrett (@vj44)Fri, Mar 08 2013 13:17:34
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- AndrewThanks for the info folks§!2013-05-21T04:01:46.126Z