#My2k: What $2,000 means to Americans
If Congress fails to act before the end of the year, every American family’s taxes will automatically go up. A typical middle-class family would see its taxes rise by $2,200 next year. Americans across the country share what $2,000 means to them on Twitter with #My2k, facebook and at wh.gov/my2k.
- — LWJohnson (@LWayneJohnson)Wed, Nov 28 2012 09:27:35#My2k.. My wife and I agree with president, 2k a month means food on the table, medical bills paid and gas for our car. Do the right thing!
- — Basil Baker (@BasilBaker)Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:13:36#My2K is needed to pay for my prescriptions. My neighbors need their 2K to help keep their son in college. Pass middle-class tax cut now!
- — Paige Peters (@PaigieGrl)Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:09:15
- — Bridget Fraim (@BridgetFraim)Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:21:43#My2k means rent, student loans, and bills paid. It means gas in the car for work. Without it we would be forced to make some tough choices.
- — Phillip M. McKenzie (@pmmckenzie)Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:30:04
- — Shawna B (@MustangShawni)Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:28:54
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!
- pahbsd#my2k help feed 4 kids, one college expense, rent and gas. I don't have health insurance.2012-12-03T20:30:50.739Z