Your Stories: #DontDoubleMyRate
More than 7.4 million students with federal student loans will see their interest rates double on July 1, unless Congress steps in to keep them low. President Obama is calling on Congress to take action and asks Americans to raise their voices with the hashtag #DontDoubleMyRate
- — Adam Moskowitz (@adam_mosk)Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:28:28
- — Jon Carson (@JonCarson44)Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:22:12
- — The White House (@whitehouse)Tue, Apr 24 2012 10:37:47President Obama: "Helping more of our young people afford college should be at the forefront of America’s agenda" #DontDoubleMyRate
- — Danielle Tam (@squeekietoy)Tue, Apr 24 2012 08:47:55#DontDoubleMyRate because I can't even afford to repay my student loans now. Education is a right for everyone, not just the wealthy.
- — Erin Ward Bibo (@erinwardbibo)Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:40:40College grads should be able to make career choices based on their aspirations & skills rather than by their soaring debt #DontDoubleMyRate
- — Lydia Ann Carroll (@lydia_ann07)Tue, Apr 24 2012 11:46:23Obama: "No, “set your sights lower” is not an education plan. “You’re on your own” is not an economic plan." #DontDoubleMyRate
- — sarah (barnes) orem (@sarahbeth_O)Tue, Apr 24 2012 12:11:19If Congress doesn’t act soon, the interest rates on subsidized Stafford loans double from 3.4% to 6.8% on July 1. #DontDoubleMyRate
- Keep on sharing your #DontDoubleMyRate stories and check back for updates here.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 8 already did!
- First Click Internet MarketingGreat information. Thanks for sharing.2013-11-04T05:27:57.380Z