Past, present students mourn loss of BBE teacher, coach
Early Tuesday morning, a Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa math teacher and head wrestling coach, Richard Vos, was killed by a semi while biking on U.S. Highway 71 south of Belgrade. Throughout the day, past and present students mourned the loss of their teacher and paid their respects on social media.
- On Tuesday morning, a sports blogger posted an update to the BBE Jaguar Sports blog. "As is the rest of the Belgrade-Brooten-Elrosa community is doing right now, I am reeling," he wrote. "We have suffered an unimaginable loss."
- On Twitter and Facebook, both current and former students told stories of how Vos had touched their lives as a teacher and coach.
- RIP Mr. vos, you will missed by many!! You always believed in me know matter how good of a wrestler i was facing. You were a hell of a coach, such a great teacher, and just a plain old great guy. You taught me so much along the way i cant thank you enough! Heaven you gained an awesome person this morning! See you agian one day buddy
- Mr. Vos-- you were the happiest guy I knew. You always put a smile on my face even when you yelled at me for not doing my work while I was supposed to(: you were my favorite teacher and we're listening to your math lessons on the computer right now(: you will be missed and we all love you so much<3 Forever our favorite teacher.<3
- Many students expressed shock and disbelief, taking to social media to relay their grief. On Twitter, the hashtag #RIPMrVos was trending.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.