Cory Booker rescues neighbor from burning house
The Newark mayor rescued a woman from her home, which caught fire Thursday night. Booker was later treated for smoke inhalation and second-degree burns on his right hand. Twitter users have hailed Booker a hero and the mayor's actions have also led to a Tumblr meme at supercorybooker.tumblr.com.
- After the mayor's daring rescue, Chris Cillizza postulated about his political future.
- We asked "What's next for Cory Booker?" and Twitter responded.
- — Jeff Ferguson (@JeffreyTFerg)Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:28:42
- Here are some tweets following the rescue, including the mayor's response:
- — Cory Booker (@CoryBooker)Thu, Apr 12 2012 19:15:19Thanks 2 all who are concerned. Just suffering smoke inhalation. We got the woman out of the house. We are both off to hospital. I will b ok
- — Cory Booker (@CoryBooker)Thu, Apr 12 2012 21:07:40Thanks everyone, my injuries were relatively minor. Thanks to Det. Alex Rodriguez who helped get all of the people out of the house.
- — Governor Christie (@GovChristie)Fri, Apr 13 2012 08:09:53Glad to hear @CoryBooker and all involved in last night’s fire are safe. Here's to a swift recovery. Brave move, Mr. Mayor.
- Video: Cory Booker press conference
- — Miles Grant (@MilesGrant)Fri, Apr 13 2012 04:58:39When Chuck Norris has nightmares, Cory Booker turns on the light & sits with him until he falls back asleep. #CoryBookerStories
- Tumblr Meme: SuperCoryBooker
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.