#PovertyPorn Conversation Recap
A discussion on poverty porn featuring Ethan Zuckerman, Charlie Beckett, Linda Raftree, Teddy Ruge and Lina Srivastava. With Lindsay Poirier serving as moderator. Video and live tweets from convo below.
- — Alison Carlman (@acarlman)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:13:36
- — Alison Carlman (@acarlman)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:18:12
- — Rosa Ellis (@RosaEllis)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:20:22we need to look beyond fundraising, at the bigger picture of development as a partnership with respect to everyone involved #povertyporn
- — Alison Carlman (@acarlman)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:22:16
- — Alison Carlman (@acarlman)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:25:55@Julienne_L We do but we didn't a/b test, its impossible to know whether #povertyporn imagery would have raised more: http://www.globalgiving.org/img/mail/2011/08/10/newsletter.html …ail/2011/…
- — Mary Mitchell (@mary_mitch)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:26:09
- — Social Media for Dev (@socialmedia4D)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:26:26Q. I think many iNGOs are aware of #povertyporn, but doesn't research show that it is effective for £ € $ mainstream fundraising?
- — Mary Mitchell (@mary_mitch)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:28:09A Q for #povertyporn chat : "What role can participatory photography & multimedia play in NGO imagery & is it overlooked?"
- — Lina Srivastava (@lksriv)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:28:26The article by Anthony Kaufman on #povertyporn in @indiewire I mentioned: http://blogs.indiewire.com/anthony/capturing-india-revolutionary-optimists-vs-blood-brother …thony/captur…
- — Tamara (@GobezMedia)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:28:53
- — Rosa Ellis (@RosaEllis)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:29:03How do we persuade fundraisers to look beyond short term financial targets to the wider picture of development as partnership? #povertyporn
- — Julienne (@Julienne_L)Tue, Jun 18 2013 09:31:47Q: What are the best ways for NGO staff (esp low level staff) to raise the issue of #povertyporn if they notice it in their organizations?
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 1 already did!