Star Wars 7 Announced, Twitter reacts
Disney says it is buying ‘Star Wars’ maker Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion from George Lucas. Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, according to a news release. Immediately after the announcement, Star Wars fans took to Twitter to react.
- — The Dark Lord (@Lord_Voldemort7)Tue, Oct 30 2012 13:32:28There will be a Star Wars 7. And people thought Hurricane Sandy was going to be the biggest disaster announced this week.
- — Kai Nagata (@kainagata)Tue, Oct 30 2012 14:26:29I sure hope Disney's Star Wars 7 isn't two-dimensional, 100% animated, and written purely to sell toys. That would ruin the franchise!
- — Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt)Tue, Oct 30 2012 14:32:44Not saying Twitter's in a nerd frenzy about the Disney/Lucasfilm STAR WARS VII news, but I tried to post earlier & got my arm ripped off.
- — Randall Wanamaker (@ranwanimator)Tue, Oct 30 2012 14:59:47People on the internet suggesting Shrek will be in Star Wars 7 make my nerd rage boil. Shrek is not a Disney property people. #HugeNerd
- — Ethan Merrick (@West_Archer_Ave)Tue, Oct 30 2012 14:51:13And here we thought Episodes I -- III were bad. What's worse is we all know we will go watch the new films anyways. http://collider.com/disney-lucasfilm-star-wars-7/207372/ …disney-lucasfilm-star-wars-7/207372/
- — Francois Marchand (@FMarchandVS)Tue, Oct 30 2012 14:29:30
- — The Dark Lord (@Lord_Voldemort7)Tue, Oct 30 2012 13:58:29First Harry Potter, then Twilight... if anyone attempts to cast Robert Pattinson in Star Wars 7 I'm sending out the dementors.
- — Eli Braden (@EliBraden)Tue, Oct 30 2012 14:54:35Star Wars Episode 7 will open w/ a 72-year-old Han Solo saying "I've got a bad feeling about this" before getting a 2nd hoop in his left ear
- — Matt Haughey (@mathowie)Tue, Oct 30 2012 13:23:28How could Disney/Pixar doing Star Wars instead of Lucas be anything but good news? I welcome as many new SW movies as they want to make
- — preston (@PRESTONinCOLOR)Tue, Oct 30 2012 14:50:56What if Star Wars 7 is just Luke, Han and their zany roommate chewy, but they are middle aged, and all work at the cantina?
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.