Education's Bus Tour Across America - Day Three
The “Education Drives America” Back-to-School Bus Tour takes Secretary Arne Duncan and senior ED staff coast-to-coast. Day three included stops in Rock Springs, Rawlins and Cheyenne, Wyoming. Visit ed.gov/bustour to keep up to date.
- Rock Springs High School - Rock Springs, Wyoming
- Under Secretary Martha Kanter, Chief of Staff Joanne Weiss and Assistant Secretary Brenda Dann-Messier toured Rock Springs' career academies and participated in a roundtable discussion about the success of their two academies.
- Carbon County Higher Education Center - Rawlins, Wyoming
- Kanter, Weiss and Deputy Assistant Secretary for Rural Outreach John White participated in a roundtable discussion on the topic of distance learning, with an audience that included Wyoming’s state and county school superintendents, local college leaders, and local community college students and teachers.
- Laramie County Community College - Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Under Secretary Kanter, and Chief of Staff Weiss ended the week by joining Assistant Secretary Brenda Dann-Messier at a town hall to highlight education successes and lead community conversations about school reform, college affordability and completion, and the link between education and jobs.
- Watch the video summary of day three:
- Additional Events and Stay Connected!
- #edtour12 includes nearly 100 total events. ED officials were meeting throughout the West during day three.