Celebrating 40 Years of Title IX
June 23 marks the 40th anniversary of Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in schools. Title IX provided new opportunities for girls in athletics as well as access to education in science, technology, engineering, and math. See what people are saying about the anniversary.
- — Alison Driver (@AlisonCDriver)Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:23:08Happy Birthday #TitleIX! Thanks for making it easier for me to play soccer, run track, but mostly thanks for making me love being active.
- — melissa Ludtke (@MelissaLudtke)Fri, Jun 22 2012 09:24:17
- — Megan Murk, MA (@mm_beaboutit)Fri, Jun 22 2012 07:55:39
- — Dawn Winalski (@dawnwinalski)Thu, Jun 21 2012 20:14:38Very thankful for #TitleIX. It gave me many opportunities, and playing sports built my confidence. Proud to call myself an athlete!
- — Rosa DeLauro (@rosadelauro)Fri, Jun 22 2012 10:00:38On eve of #TitleIX 40th anniversary proud 2 have so many great female athletes in Connecticut, from t-ball 2 UCONN basketball
- — President's Council (@FitnessGov)Fri, Jun 22 2012 11:26:20
- — Elizabeth Sanders (@esandersnews)Thu, Jun 21 2012 15:52:58What does #TitleIX mean? It means my track & field career didn't have to end when I graduated high school. Thank you, title IX supporters!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.