Back-to-School Bus Tour - Day Two
The “Strong Start, Bright Future” Back-to-School Bus Tour takes Secretary Arne Duncan throughout the Southwest to highlight the importance of ensuring that all students benefit from high-quality educational opportunities. Day one included three stops in El Paso, Texas, and Columbus, N.M.
- El Paso, Texas - Day two started at the El Paso Transmountain Early College High School where Secretary Duncan with classroom visits and a town hall on STEM education (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
- — Tiffany Hatch (@tiffhatch_ELP)Tue, Sep 10 2013 12:40:01
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:18:37
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Tue, Sep 10 2013 10:56:43Early college high schools can save students 25-50 percent of college costs and are a great drop-out prevention strategy. #edtour13
- Columbus, N.M. - Duncan was greeted by a Mariachi band at Columbus Elementary School where he joined a discussion with teachers to talk about the challenges of teaching a diverse student population.
- — Toni Hull, Ed.D. (@enchantedleader)Tue, Sep 10 2013 18:30:48
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Tue, Sep 10 2013 16:44:26Inspiring visit to unique NM school. 75% of students live in Mexico, are US citizens & cross the border each day for school (1of2) #edtour13
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Tue, Sep 10 2013 16:45:25Teachers and principals in Columbus NM have dedicated their lives to helping these children live the American Dream. (2of2) #edtour13
- Stay Connected
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.