Back-to-School Bus Tour - Day Three
The “Strong Start, Bright Future” Back-to-School Bus Tour takes Secretary Arne Duncan throughout the Southwest to highlight the importance of ensuring that all students benefit from high-quality educational opportunities. Day three included stops in Tucson and Tempe, Ariz.
- Tucson - Secretary Arne Duncan started day three of the bus tour by joining U.S. Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx at the Tucson Unified School District Bus Depot to discuss the vital role that bus drivers play in school-safety efforts.
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Wed, Sep 11 2013 09:38:16Safety is the most vital right of a child, and bus drivers are often on the front lines of school safety efforts. Thank you! #edtour13
- — ASBC (@WeLoveTheBus)Wed, Sep 11 2013 07:00:59We are at the Tucson Unified School District Transportation Department. Excited to see Sec. Duncan amongst the school buses. #edtour13
- Tucson - The Secretaries rode the bus to Dodge Traditional Magnet School and participated in a service project with students.
- Tucson - Duncan stopped by Sunnyside High School to check out how technology is being used to empower educators and engage students.
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Wed, Sep 11 2013 12:12:49
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Wed, Sep 11 2013 12:11:10
- Tempe - The bus stopped at Arizona State University for a community town hall on college affordability and how to increase educational opportunities for the Hispanic community.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.