Back-to-School Bus Tour - Day One
The “Strong Start, Bright Future” Back-to-School Bus Tour takes Secretary Arne Duncan throughout the Southwest to highlight the importance of ensuring that all students benefit from high-quality educational opportunities. Day one included three stops in NM: Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Polvadera.
- Sante Fe - Secretary of Education Arne Duncan kicked things off at the Santa Fe Children’s Project Early Learning Center with classroom visits and a town hall on the importance of quality early learning programs.
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Mon, Sep 09 2013 07:54:33Ready to kick off this yr’s back-to-school bus tour at the Santa Fe Children’s Project Early Learning Cntr. Details: ed.gov/bustour
- — Nikki Ibarra (@nikkiibarra)Mon, Sep 09 2013 08:32:47
- — US Dept of Education (@usedgov)Mon, Sep 09 2013 10:54:42
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Mon, Sep 09 2013 10:47:51Great conversation in Santa Fe this morning. They're a community really serious about increasing opportunity for children. #edtour13
- Albuquerque - Duncan stopped at Emerson Elementary for classroom visits and a roundtable discussion with district and labor leaders, teachers, parents and students. The focus was the school's turnaround efforts.
- — Megan Kamerick (@megankamerick)Mon, Sep 09 2013 12:51:44Arne Duncan says country needs to spend Title 2 money for professional development for teachers more effectively.
- — Emily Davis (@emilydavis4edu)Mon, Sep 09 2013 13:04:52
- Socorro - Duncan stopped at Midway Elementary for a classroom discussion with teachers and to hold a community meeting on rural education at the school.
- — John White (@RuralED)Mon, Sep 09 2013 16:08:56Midway Elementary mounted a transmitter outside to offer wireless Internet after hours. Rural schools are centers of communities. #edtour13
- Stay Connected!
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.