Back-to-School Bus Tour - Day Four
The “Strong Start, Bright Future” Back-to-School Bus Tour takes Secretary Arne Duncan throughout the Southwest to highlight the importance of ensuring that all students benefit from high-quality educational opportunities. Day four included visits in Phoenix, Scottsdale and Yuma, Ariz.
- Phoenix - Duncan and team got an early start on day four of the tour at the Bret Tarver Education Complex to visit classrooms and to hold a town hall on the importance of quality early learning programs.
- — Eric Waldo (@ewwaldo)Thu, Sep 12 2013 09:58:33
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Thu, Sep 12 2013 11:24:07Fun visit at Bret Tarver Ed Complex in Phoenix. Doing a great job serving kids. Over 300 kids, but wait list of 200+. Need #PreKForAll
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Thu, Sep 12 2013 09:23:01
- Scottsdale - Duncan and ED staff met with tribal leaders to talk about the federal role in strengthening tribal education.
- — John Huppenthal (@HuppenthalADE)Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:18:31
- — Mary Beth Faller (@MaryBethFaller)Thu, Sep 12 2013 12:54:39
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Thu, Sep 12 2013 19:50:46In AZ today w/ Native American & military families, I apologized for sequestration. They're feeling it out here. DC let them down. #edtour13
- Yuma - The tour continued to Yuma, with a stop at a local food bank to thank volunteers and highlight work that strengthens communities. The last stop of the day was at Yuma Marine Corps Air Station where Duncan joined military leaders, service members and their families to discuss the importance of supporting military-connected students and their families.
- — Arne Duncan (@arneduncan)Thu, Sep 12 2013 20:21:43Service members never ask for anything for themselves. All they want is a great education for their kids. We owe them that. #edtour13
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.