Protecting the environment - #GreenWednesday
How can we protect our environment and reduce poverty simultaneously? Here are some of the most popular #GreenWednesday tweets and Facebook posts. Join the global discussion on protecting the environment - we’d love your input!
- In Mali, Niger and Senegal, our Community Water Initiative (CWI) has brought water supply and sanitation services directly to almost 550,000 people.
Like and share to show your support on Green Wednesday!
The CWI is decentralized and demand-driven, inspired by the success of some of our other programmes, such as the GEF Small Grants Programme and Local Facility for Urban Environment.
- How do you think islanders can reduce their vulnerability to climate change?
Find out more this Green Wednesday: on.undp.org/oMqh7
Photo: We are helping Tuvaluans adapt to climate change with the support of the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) and the Global Environment Facility. / UNDP in the Pacific and PNG
- Through environmental education & monitoring, local people coordinate marine conservation efforts in Micronesia:
- Agriculture starts over in Zubeir after mine-cleaning - click below to find out more:
- Would having reliable energy at home change YOUR life? See other people's votes and cast yours here: ow.ly/hegQt
- This indigenous family in Brazil is excited to use its new eco-stove, significantly improving the quality of air they breathe.
- Our chief Helen Clark is happy about her solar bike! This photo was taken during her recent trip to Croatia, where investing in clean solar energy helps create jobs: on.undp.org/h0eMK
- Even a crow knows how to keep the environment clean!
- Check out our Facebook album showing our work around environmental protection: ow.ly/gC8LQ
- Click below to get more information on our work on environment and energy!