Protecting the environment - #GreenWednesday
How can we protect our environment and reduce poverty simultaneously? Here are some of the most popular #GreenWednesday tweets and Facebook posts. Join the global discussion on protecting the environment - we’d love your input!
Climate change is one of the defining challenges of our time. Receding forests, changing rainfall patterns and rising sea levels will exacerbate existing economic, political and humanitarian stresses and affect human development in all parts of the world.
- Is it too late to reverse #ClimateChange?
- A sustainable agriculture can not only create opportunity for future environmental development but also eradicate poverty in the rural area.
- Agricultural geeks! As environmental sustainability is under severe threat, tell us for #GreenWednesday: how many organic farming methods and techniques do you know?
- In 2011, UNDP began working with national and local partners to pilot inter-municipal cooperation for energy efficiency. The initiative brought together the towns of Gevgelija, Bogdanci and Valandovo, which together have 45,000 residents. Now, through a UNDP-supported programme, municipalities are coming together and pooling resources, staff and expertise to provide particular municipal services, resulting in reduced costs and better quality.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 2 already did!
- WiggOut NewsI'm not sure you CAN do both at the same time. Not in our current scarcity economy anyway.2014-03-09T20:28:37.973Z
- roberto martoranacan we change rule of Central Bank to finance MDG or SDG printing for free enought money for UN that use to save more life is possible?2013-03-26T10:28:21.357Z