Preventing crises, enabling recovery - #ResilienceSunday
How can we make developing countries resilient to threats posed by conflicts and disasters? Here are some of the most popular #ResilienceSunday tweets and Facebook posts. Join the global discussion on preventing crisis and enabling recovery - we’d love your input!
- More than 35,000 Palestinian refugees, formally living in Syria, have fled to neighboring Lebanon where they face terrible living conditions. We changed that for 2,000 of them. In cooperation with UN-HABITAT and the support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Coordination Government, the German government and the U.S. Department of State, we prepared more than 300 shelters for the winter.
- How can we help prepare disabled people in developing nations for a natural disaster?
- For #ResilienceSunday, check out our video of the Green One UN House in Hanoi which contributes further to the efficiency and effectiveness of development results in Viet Nam.
- Learn how Senegalese women have rehabilitated mangrove forests to decrease soil salinity & increase fish populations:
- What can help build a better world? Freedom from discrimination/persecution?
VOTE and make YOUR voice heard! ow.ly/hemmK
- Would access to transport and roads improve YOUR life? See what others said and cast your vote at MY World 2015: ow.ly/heoaq
- After more than two decades of civil war, the fire department in Mogadishu had fallen apart. Now - it's building itself back up!
- Nepal is one of the 20 most disaster-prone countries in the world. So Nepalis have to prepare!
- Check out our photo gallery on preventing crisis & enabling recovery on Facebook: on.undp.org/gE61H
- Interested to learn more about our work around preventing crisis & enabling recovery? Click here: