Halting and reversing HIV/Aids - #EndHIVThursday
What can we do to stop HIV from spreading? Here are some of the most popular #EndHIVThursday tweets and Facebook posts. Join the global discussion on ending HIV- we’d love your input!
- "We live in a completely interdependent world, which simply means we cannot escape each other. How we respond to #AIDS depends, in part, on whether we understand this interdependence. It is not someone else's problem. This is everybody's problem." - Bill Clinton
- One in ten people living with #HIV worldwide are children under 15. Let's work together to eliminate discrimination against them!
- What do you think your government can do to respond to the #HIV crisis?
- We help to promote self-empowerment of HIV-positive women in Congo to start business and join associations for social and financial support.
- New #HIV infections among adults and children were reduced by 33% & AIDS-related deaths have dropped by 30% since 2001!
- A short preview of UNDP Thailand documentary which tells the story of Apiwat, a man living with HIV. It is a glimpse into the stigma and discrimination people in Thailand face--both at home, work, school, or in their communities, and highlights the successful partnership between UNDP and the Royal Thai Police.
- FACT: 9 million lives have been saved in 10 years thanks to resources provided to The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Read more in Guardian global development from Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: ow.ly/oU0hl
- Did you know? In the decade since 2000, 1.1 million deaths from malaria were averted!
Like & share if you share our vision of halting & reversing the incidence of malaria: on.undp.org/oMYKo
Photo: A young girl reads under her malaria net in West Bengal / Joydeep Mukherjee.
- This picture shows a man in Burkina Faso getting tested at an HIV prevention and treatment center. Together with our partners, we support more than 100,000 infected patients including 35,000 orphaned children.
Photo: @UNDP Burkina Faso
- Sudan: Thanks to treatment in an antiretroviral therapy center, Fozia is now able to carry out daily work & provide for her family: on.undp.org/i6Nf2
- Protecting women from sexual violence is essential for development! Håkan Björkman, Cluster Leader for our Partnership with The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, is rising to end violence against women and girls:
- VIDEO: Watch this clip from One Day On Earth & find out about great work to stop HIV from spreading in India:
- Did you know these facts on HIV/AIDS?
- Did you know 45 countries limit entry, stay or residence for people living with HIV? Many of you agreed this should be changed!
- Mirlande Louis, pictured here, is a young sex worker in Haiti who's now taking a course in cosmetology. In her new line of work, she's much less vulnerable to HIV than before. Read more about what's being done to fight HIV in Haiti: on.undp.org/gStHh
- Check out our Facebook gallery on halting and reversing HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases: ow.ly/gC9Tq
- Are you interested in more information about our work on HIV/AIDS prevention? Click below!