Empowering women - #EqualityMonday
What can we do to help reduce gender inequality? Here are some of the most popular #EqualityMonday tweets and Facebook posts. Join the global discussion on empowering women - we’d love your input!
- “We need to stop buying into the myth about gender equality. It isn’t a reality yet. Today, women make up half of the U.S. workforce, but the average working woman earns only 77 percent of what the average working man makes. But unless women and men both say this is unacceptable, things will not change." - Beyonce
- A new approach is needed—an approach that recognizes human rights, not charity, as the basis for the inclusion of girls and boys, women and men with disabilities. #EqualityMonday
This publication documents the voices of persons with disabilities on the post-2015 development framework: on.undp.org/tWROH
- Our goal for #EqualityMonday: Gender is not – and never was – just about men. For decades, we have been working to empower women.
- When girls get the education they deserve, they can contribute to the well-being of their communities in amazing ways.
Did you find this story interesting? like or comment as 8 already did!
- WiggOut NewsJust keep talking about it. I think that in this day that is the most important thing.2014-03-09T20:27:38.400Z
- Barkathunnisha AzaadThe inequality at first starts right from home where a girl child is not treated equally with their male counterpart.This grassroot level where inequality...The inequality at first starts right from home where a girl child is not treated equally with their male counterpart.This grassroot level where inequality starts.So each and every family must be made aware of ill effects of gender inequality and importance of women.Also just like a project being carried on by UNDP in Afghan for empowering women by spreading the awareness among mullahs(religious leaders),a project has to be implemented in other countries too.more2014-01-04T05:32:39.387Z
- SEOdressLet's reduce gender inequality.2013-08-16T10:57:59.392Z
- Marjan I want to share a story of someone i know personally. It might reflect some light upon women equality.2013-02-11T09:33:07.115Z