Building democratic societies - #DemocracySaturday
How can we build democratic institutions that respond to the needs of all parts of societies? Here are some of the most popular #DemocracySaturday tweets and Facebook posts. Join the global discussion on building democratic societies - we’d love your input!
- We are here to help governments to be more responsive to the needs of ordinary citizens, including the poor.
We are here to build Democratic Government.
- Graphic design students from Sudan participate in a drawing contest for anti-corruption day.
How can we move from transparency to accountability?
- read the story of a young, inspiring and highly motivational Afghan who is educating his fellow youth in Mazar-e-Sharif to exercise their patriotic duty to vote: on.undp.org/qSyum
- Nearly eight million people in Madagascar were expected to vote for a new president, in an election postponed several times and widely expected to break the country's five-year political impasse. "Not only will I fulfill my duty as a citizen, but I was motivated to vote today to finally choose a democratically-elected president," said Viviane, who works as a bank clerk.
- Kenyans will head to the polls next Monday, March 4th - We helped Kenyan authorities carry out a vast voter outreach campaign - Read more: on.undp.org/ibrV3
- People in Latin America & the Caribbean are least likely in the world to feel safe in their communities. Find out what needs to be done: on.undp.org/hlBN0
- What do you think are the biggest obstacles to democratic governance? Click below to see your answers!
- The more voters- the better! So far 10.8 million voters have been registered in anticipation for new elections in Nepal.
- Check out our photo gallery on building democratic societies on Facebook: on.undp.org/gE4S3
- Interested to learn more about our work around building democratic societies? Click here: