Telling Our Stories Showcase
In case you missed the Telling Our Stories Showcase or if you just want to re-live it, check out some of the amazing #WOCstories shared that night!
- For the project's culminating event, nearly a hundred people came out to see more than twenty performances by creative and talented women of color from UMBC and the community as they shared their "I Am" stories at the TOS Showcase.
- Co-hosts Poulomi Banerjee and NaQuita Coates kicked off the showcase and kept the energy up all night.
- Women of Color Coalition student leaders Bree Best and Bria Hamlet gave an overview of the Telling Our Stories project's objectives, accomplishments, and significance for UMBC's women of color community.
- Yoo-Jin Kang shared her "I Am" portrait series featuring women of color students at UMBC.
- In a tribute to all women of color at UMBC and beyond, Safa Zahangir and Amrita Anam performed a dance that they choreographed themselves, which was set to a fusion of classical and modern Bangla music.
- Gender and Women's Studies student and activist Crystal Ogar performed a spoken word piece.
- Poet and performer Mabelle Fomundam spoke on identity and culture.