Aggies go for gold in London
We have three Aggies in the Olympics - runner Kim Conley, swimmer Scott Weltz and kayaker Carrie Johnson. Follow their journey in London and see how Aggies and supporters - near and far - cheer them on. Go Ags!
- The Olympic trials:
- Kim Conley, 5,000-meter run, squeaked in for a third-place finish in the trials.
- Scott Weltz, 200-meter breaststroke, pulled off an upset win in the trials.
- Carrie Johnson won the women’s K-1 500 meters at the U.S. kayak trials in April. The three-time Olympian and incoming veterinary student won two gold medals at the Pan American Games.
- For Carrie, the trials were not the only challenge.
- News of the Aggie Olympians hits home:
- Let the games begin!