The Ninth Annual Everett-Moomaw Debate on Climate Change, Energy & the Environment
On Feb. 8, The Fletcher School held the ninth installment of its yearly climate change debate featuring Professor William Moomaw and Bruce Everett, adjunct associate professor of international business. Over the course of 90 minutes, the two discussed today’s most pressing energy-related issues.
- — The Fletcher School (@FletcherSchool)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:28:20
- — Elia Boggia (@eboggia)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:31:07..aaand in the red corner, Prof B Everett, frmr Exxon exec & instructor of the popular Petroleum in the Global Economy course. #campeverett
- — Kartikeya Singh (@KartikeyaSingh)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:42:46China and India "talk a good game" on climate but don't really care says Everett @FletcherSchool but I disagree!
- — Kartikeya Singh (@KartikeyaSingh)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:45:22USA and EU on equal footing on emissions reductions @FletcherSchool says Everett, despite greater action in EU. What about municipal action?
- — Mohannad Al-Suwaidan (@msuwaidan)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:46:19Everett: ppl who passionately care about the environment have not demonstrated a pathway that will not lead to the collapse of western econ.
- — Kartikeya Singh (@KartikeyaSingh)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:49:24Moomaw retaliates that climate has changed more than just "a bit" @FletcherSchool energy debate. IPCC research reveals dramatic warming.
- — Mohannad Al-Suwaidan (@msuwaidan)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:51:34Moomaw:last year the WSJ refused to publish an article signed by 255scientists that states global warming is caused mostly by human activity
- — Elia Boggia (@eboggia)Wed, Feb 08 2012 15:52:152011: largest # of major weather-related disasters since insurance cos have kept records. These costs are ignored by Everett #campmoomaw
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.