Getting Ready for a New Semester
New and returning students bring the Tufts campus back to life.
- Welcome back, students!
Everyone's excited for campus to spring back to life.
- Tufts Admissions tweeted, "Cheers to new beginnings" -- quite literally, as the cannon sported a fresh coat of white paint ahead of the new semester.
Of course, down on the health sciences campus in Boston, students are already knee-deep in the fall semester. Also, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences held its matriculation on Aug. 30. Here's the head count from a Ph.D. drama student:
- Many freshmen came to campus early for pre-orientation activities such as FOCUS (community service), Tufts Wilderness, FIT, CAFE (interfaith) and International Orientation.
- Here, some FOCUS participants load up on breakfast after spending Thursday night camping out in the Gantcher Center before a day of service in the community.
- Tropical Storm Irene interrupted some of the pre-orientation activities for the incoming class, but spirits were undaunted.
There's lots of activity to get ready for the start of the semester and freshman orientation. Student groups prep their O-Show performances.
- Faculty members received props for their training sessions with orientation leaders.
- Ahead of Matriculation, we crowdsourced tips from students, alumni and parents for the incoming class.
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.