MAS S61: assignment #7
Rumors that the fate of former Chongqing party secretary Bo Xilai would be announced on the CCTV evening news spread Tuesday afternoon. The state-owned Chinese media failed to mention Bo on the 7 PM evening news. Shortly after 11 PM, Xinhua News Agency published a one-sentence statement on Bo.
- — The Relevant Organs (@relevantorgans)Tue, Apr 10 2012 07:21:29You're seriously going to believe Reuters over 新闻联播? The only thing Reuters is good for is getting Bloomberg to lower their prices.
- — Sui-Lee Wee 黄瑞黎 (@suilee)Tue, Apr 10 2012 03:47:22I'm going blind watching Xinhua. The TV news (switched on to Chongqing and CCTV channels) is blaring from all directions. #bo xilai rumours
- — The Relevant Organs (@relevantorgans)Tue, Apr 10 2012 02:37:43OK, you got us. Tonight's big announcement: Jiang Zemin is dea…f. Yes, a bit hard of hearing. Details at 6:30. Meanwhile, get a grip.
- — Jeremy Goldkorn 金玉米 (@goldkorn)Tue, Apr 10 2012 02:15:14Very funny to do Weibo search for 6:30 or 7:00 - theories about CCTV announcement tonight mixed up with dinner plans
- — Victor Shih (@vshih2)Tue, Apr 10 2012 01:52:20“@niubi: if bo is shuanggui or arrested, ...the political struggle is effectively over, from here 2 18th "anti-climactic"?” no will b worse
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.