Napa Valley Harvest 2011
The story of the 2011 Napa Valley wine grape harvest as told by wineries throughout the valley.
- November 8th: Napa Valley wraps up harvest. Tim Mondavi says "wine is the beverage of generosity."
- October 28th - November 3rd: As October came to an end, harvest neared completion for many across the valley...And likely not a moment too soon as rain was once again in the forecast for late in the week.
- — Cuvaison Estate Wine (@cuvaison)Wed, Nov 02 2011 09:46:41
- — NVGrapegrowers (@NVGrapegrowers)Wed, Nov 02 2011 08:48:05
- — Clos Du Val Winery (@ClosDuValNapa)Tue, Nov 01 2011 21:00:56
- — Andrew Schweiger (@SchweigerWine)Tue, Nov 01 2011 08:09:07
- — Cakebread Cellars (@CakebreadWines)Mon, Oct 31 2011 11:31:59Harvest is 97% over for us, and the last bit of Cab on the vine is enjoying warm days, cool nights (but no frost) and thankfully no rain.
- — Elizabeth Vianna (@ChimneyRockWine)Sat, Oct 29 2011 09:29:15Quiet day in the cellar - just checking all our fermentations ....pumpovers. I love this quiet time after it is all picked.
- — Newton Vineyard (@NewtonVineyard)Sat, Oct 29 2011 09:45:11
- October 21st - 27th: Red grape harvest continued in earnest across the valley as morning temperatures continued to dip.
- — Andrew Schweiger (@SchweigerWine)Thu, Oct 27 2011 10:13:143rd straight day of Cabernet picking...and pressed off Parry Cellars Cabernet today! #NVHarvest and loving the weather!
- — Joseph Phelps Wines (@josephphelps)Thu, Oct 27 2011 09:11:06Crisp, cold weather this morning! Picking at Las Rocas Vineyard in Stags Leap and Suscol Vineyard in South Napa. #nvharvest
Did you find this story interesting? Be the first to like or comment.